Wednesday 19 January 2011

Developing my gift a bit more ...

So before I posted about my gift and I have finally finished it. I decided to use the same technique as Kat to make my bowl because I really like the texture of the cup that she made me, but I developed the design around the edge. Taking inspiration from Severijia's work that I saw in Illustration Play two and Kat's piece I designed my bowl.


Mine is a lot more simpler than these really nice pieces but I like the combination between textiles and 3D objects which isn't seen that often.




I'm quite pleased with this, however I would like to investigate this technique further try it out on different surfaces and different stitch but as a trial I'm fairly satisfied. If I had time I would have made the design on the surface a bit more complicated as I think it create a nicer overall finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment