Saturday, 19 February 2011

My little cushions are for sale...

I finally have my etsy shop up and running and you can purchase them from my etsy shop which is

so far I only have the bears up but I will also have sausage dogs and armadillos up if they do well!

Thursday, 17 February 2011

Final Project...

This week was the first week of my final major project. We were able to choose our own brief for this project and guide our studies for a show at the end of the year. I chose to investigate the interaction between 3D objects and textiles inspired by artists such as Hella Jongerius. Initially I started looking at the folds of textiles and how they naturally fall. I then developed this by purposefully creating folds in the fabric to make origami like structures.

I then looked at using knitting and ready made woven fabrics to create patterns into clay like the artist Alyssa Ettinger.

Finished cushions...

So I've finished cutting out all the bears and all the sausage dogs and made some bear cushions ready to sell at craft fairs and on an etsy shop.

So here are the finished cushions, some of them at least and I'll be making more over the weekend.

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Making little cushions...

I spent about 4 hours yesterday printing fabric for a new range of cushions, so far I have cut out the bears but I still have armadillos and sausage dogs to go. But here's a little preview of the bears all cut out and ready to be sewn.

Friday, 11 February 2011


So I've finally finished my portfolio and have been working on a collections project which focusses on my teacup collection. Because I only have the teacups and not the saucers my project really came from the idea of completing my project by making saucer or saucer type objects to make the set.

I experimented with trying to cast new saucers with different materials using fabric casting techniques and a 2 part mould to do flash moulding and a rotational mould. Unfortunately my casting wasn't that successful, but I came up with the idea of making coasters with the same pattern. I'm not completely happy with this project but I will develop it more over the weekend if i get enough time.

These are my unsuccessful latex saucers but now I have the mould I will try making some more that are a bit better but for a first try they were okay.