Friday 3 December 2010

Snow snow snow ...

There has been tonnes of snow here in Essex and so I haven't been able to get into college for the past 3 days , so instead I've been busy documenting the growth of the icicles from my window, and photographing my work ready to pop in the old portfolio.




 I've been trying to photograph my work well so that I can easily put them into my folio especially now that uni's have been asking for on-line folios this year. I've photographed my last project from A level which was focussing on looking at superstitions and a couple of things from this year just to start me off so here they are..



















 This final picture is off my newest project which was focusing on skills, in the initial stages of this project I tried many different skills such as knitting and crochet but I finally decided on cross stitch. This was a fun concept based on loaning peoples shoulders to sleep on during the long journeys home and is effectively a cushion which attaches to the head. I also had to communicate my idea as part of the brief and I chose to make this little zine.
 

Here are also some new photographs of my preparation running up to the creation of this little cushion, I initially started thinking that I wanted to knit my little cushion, but then when I tried it out I realised it didn't lend itself to what I wanted to do with it. Nevertheless I ended up with these really cute knitting samples.








No comments:

Post a Comment