Monday 20 December 2010

Portfolio Photos...

So I've just sent off my UCAS and already I'm panicking about going to interviews and showing my work. I know that at least one of the uni's that I've applied to requires and on line portfolio so I need to document all of my work really well.

I found some of my older work based on the theme of superstitions and so I've taken new photographs of first the developmental sketchbooks and then some of the more final outcomes of the project.



From this development I created some small saki cups to drink tea from, glazing them with tea leaf patterns that predict a good and happy future for the user. Here are the photographs of the cups, not exactly how I wanted them to turn out but for my first go at throwing a pot I'm pretty leased with them...





Following this idea I decided to make some tarot cards continuing the theme of telling the future and superstitions.






My ideas developed towards creating my own tarot cards to predict the future using old wives tales and superstitions but in the form of cards. I tried to use mixed media; one lino print and one original photograph to create each one and then use the flattened image to print onto the card. I then printed four of each card to create a full set of cards.







For my final piece I made a uniform using the same theme I created badges a uniform and some jewellery pieces...






No comments:

Post a Comment