Friday 4 March 2011

Stitch experimentation ...

The next avenue for me to discover is stitch. I've decided to look into stitching into 3D object and physically combining them instead of just applying techniques to them. I've looked into the work of Hella Jongerius and decided to try out my own version of stitching into metal objects and wood.





I really enjoyed using stitch and 3D objects. I think aesthetically it is very appealing and is a nice combination of textures. I also really like the Kit element of le pot aux roses by Industreal. I would like to carry this element of customisation/ personalisation with my because I think the interactive element is interesting. However I'm not sure there is that much more that I can explore with stitch and 3D things and I'm not really certain of how i could develop this.

No comments:

Post a Comment