Friday 4 March 2011

More experimenting with textiles...

After I had tried out folding some fabrics I decided to focus more on the construction of the textiles. I started off by looking at knitting because it's quite an interesting how one continuous line when knotted or interlinked they can build up a 3D shape.


After doing a bit of research into artists and designers who use knitting to create 3D shapes and structures I came across people like Freddie Robbins and Annette Bugansky. Taking inspiration from Annette's work I tried printing into clay with knitting and other fabric samples.





Using a rolling pin worked well to press them into the clay and even amount and give a good imprint, it worked a lot better than I thought it would, and a lot of detail could be seen , lace patterns also worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment