Thursday 22 December 2011

How much is a pinch of salt ? ...

For my latest project I had to make three containers to take on a journey. The containers I chose to make were to measure things that usually are considered "not an exact science" and making them into measuring devices that would make it into a science. My chosen material was copper and I decided that this would tie in well with traditional cooking implements such as saucepans and old copper jelly moulds. I got my inspiration from the pavilion kitchens at the Brighton pavilion. 


I was quite pleased with the final product but I really think there is a lot more mileage with it and I think I may develop this idea later on.



 This first container is to measure out a dusting of sugar...

 The second measures out a knob of butter...

And the final one measures a pinch of salt ...

No comments:

Post a Comment